I think we all go through seasons where God calls us to wait. I've learned how wise it is to wait instead of getting ahead of God's beautiful, perfect timing. I've learned the hard way several times. Last month, these verses were part of my quiet time: "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalms 27:13-14 The study notes for these verses were as follows:
Waiting
PS 27:13-14
"When David is not talking directly to God in his psalms, he is usually talking to himself--speaking out affirmations of his faith so that his heart and soul can embrace the truths he's hidden away in his mind. When our circumstances appear bleak, when God answers our prayers with "wait," we can follow David's example. He knows from his own past experience that God will bring about his own perfect will in his own perfect time; reminding himself of this when times are tough gives him confidence and joy. When we are feeling uncertain or impatient about God's activity in our lives or in the life of someone we love, we can repeat David's affirmation and gain strength. If we meditate on the words of this psalm, we can give thanks to God. When we place our hope in him, we will never be disappointed."
Our desire to adopt, whether a son or a daughter, has grown stronger and deeper since I last blogged about it. But to be honest, there was a time when we sort of pushed it away in a sense. I won't say we dropped the topic, because it was brought up during our small group discussions throughout the Fall, Winter and Spring, but again, we did, kind of ignore it for a bit. I think it was due to a few frustrations, and at times, a lack of obedience, a lack of confidence. Or did we ignore it? We never stopped praying. Maybe it was part of what we were called to do ... wait. Something did happen though. As soon as we humbly opened our hearts back up, wholeheartedly, and stopped ignoring, but started acknowledging the never-ending and undeniable whispers that God has been and continues sending us, He started blessing us with even more of His peace, His truth and an endless amount of encouragement as we continue to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment