Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why not?

The girls stayed the night with Aunt Paige, Uncle Jerrod, Brock and Sophie last Saturday night. As always, Briley had such a fun time. Sunday night, Brett and I were in the den with her when she told us she had to tee tee. I got up to go help, but she said, "No, Mommy, I do it myself. Okay?" Okay. A few seconds later we heard, "UH, OHHH!" Brett found her, pants down to her ankles, standing in front of and facing the potty ... tee tee everywhere BUT in the potty. When asked if she had just missed the potty, her response was, "I just try tee tee like a boy." Guess she was quite the observer of her 4 year cousin from the night before! So, Daddy vaguely explained how girls always have to sit and boys stand to potty. His response was followed by many why not's, and he then sent Mommy into the bathroom to explain a little more in 3 year old terms. This, too, was followed with a why not or two. We did get a good laugh out of it without her knowing. Oh, boy ... Parenthood. ;)

No comments: