Saturday, October 07, 2006

Daddy finds out!

We're a little behind on starting a blog...So, we'll rewind 5 months. After taking a home pregnancy test and realizing that + does in fact = you're pregnant, I stood there in shock and so much excitement I didn't know what to do next. Brett was out of town for two more days and there was no way I could keep it a secret until then. I took a picture of the test with my camera phone and prepared an email with the subject - I have only one question for you...I waited a very long hour or so before he called me letting me know he would be going out to eat soon. I asked him to call me before he left because there was something I wanted to show him that I had emailed him. When he called me back, he opened the email, read the subject and I asked him if he was ready to be a daddy. He had to scroll down a good ways and right above the picture it said, "I love you, Daddy." After a couple of "NO WAY's"and "Are you serious?" I convinced him that we were indeed expecting a BABY!!! He then expressed his excitement with "THAT'S AWESOME" & "I'm going to be a daddy!" We were very excited to say the least and were very ready to be back together. Now, only 4 more weeks until our first doctor's visit...way too long for this impatient mommy-to-be!

No comments: