As a little girl, I was BIG into Cabbage Patch dolls. I had a preemie for a few years and then went on to kid doll that had a retainer like me. :) I heard a little about Babyland General Hospital during my childhood, but it seemed like a far away place only in my dreams. Well, today, my friends, I lived out that dream. ;) Wait, this was suppose to be about Briley, wasn't it? Rewind ...
Today, we packed Briley's baby doll stroller, some receiving blankets and a bottle and took a trip up to Cleveland, GA to adopt a baby from Babyland. On the way, Briley talked about how she was going to pick out a doll that had blue eyes like her and seemed really excited (but not as excited as me, of course!). Once we got there, she pushed her stroller around, but was zig zagging from one stuffed animal to the next. She couldn't get enough of the animals ... Ummmm, what about the babies?! ;) Witnessing our first baby girl cabbage birth helped bring her attention back to the dolls, but shortly afterward, she spotted more animals. Haha! She eventually spotted a really cute cheerleader that she just had to hold and then spotted "Ashton," a cute hippie chick that she ended up adopting. We couldn't leave baby sister out, so, we adopted "Johana" for Avery. It was pretty funny watching Briley go from here to there. It may have been a bit overwhelming for her, but a very fun experience (for Mommy, at least).
We drove over to downtown Dahlonega to grab something sweet and oh my goodness ... yum-o! We went to a fudge shop and bought some ... fudge, then to an ice cream shop to grab a water, but um, grabbed a banana split to go along with it. We also browsed an antique shop which was fun and then headed home! (Oh, and Briley found her prize possession of the day at the antique shop. What was it? A $1 Fox and the Hound stuffed animal named "Copper"... Nice. :)
The hospital!
All ready to go!
Baby girl "Paige" is born!
Baby Paige in the nursery
Briley's heaven!
Avery's baby "Johana"
Briley's big girl "Ashton"
Something sweet for Mommy & Daddy!
Something sweet for Briley!
4 comments:
I loooove that place! We used to go to Helen every 4th of July and it became tradition to stop in and get a new Cabbage Patch doll on our way back home! Sad to say they are now all in garbage bags in my parents attic, but man how I loved those dolls! Glad you guys had a good time!
How cute is that?!
yep that is the cutest thing!
Can I borrow your girls one day so I can get my girly-girly activity fix? (something that has nothing to do with frogs, or dirt or boogers?) :)
Post a Comment