Wednesday, July 21, 2010

9 Month Appointment & Such

Avery had another well-check last week and all was wonderful. :) At 6 months, she was 15 lbs 9 oz (50%), 26 1/2 in long (75%) and her head was 42 1/2 cm (50-75%). She has pretty much refused eating solids for the past 2 months, which is so frustrating sometimes since she was such a great eater before. Still, I keep trying and have introduced a handful of table foods, as well, over the past few weeks. All of this to say that I was surprised/ happy she was up to 18 lbs 5 oz (50%) last week. First thing in the morning, I must add! ;) Her height was 27 1/2 in (50%) and her head was 44 cm (55%). She still has her sister beat who was tipping the scales around 15 lbs at her 12 month appointment!
Thinking back to last week, Avery accomplished a lot. She started crawling, pulling up to her knees, pushing herself up to a sitting position, clapping when we say "Yay!" or start singing Patty Cake and recovered from nursemaid's elbow. For a moment, I thought I was going to have to start making appointments to spend time with her. She was quite the busy baby! ;)
Briley continues to be such a sweet big sister and huge help. She LOVES making Avery laugh and sharing her favorite stuffed puppies. She talks up a storm and is becoming more and more like a little girl/ preschooler everyday. She's going into her 7th week of gymnastics on Monday and has been doing such a great job. I love watching her. She's on a waiting list for soccer this fall. So, hopefully, she'll have the chance to play. That'll be a site to see! :)

Each day is passing so unbelievably fast ... trying my best not to miss a beat or sweet giggle.

No comments: