I went to the doctor this morning for what I thought was my 37 week check-up. My mid-wife walked in and said, "So, guess what?! You're still considered pre-term. We changed your due date." Uhhhhh, really?! NOT what I wanted to hear this morning. She said that she almost called me last night after laying in bed thinking about it. She proceeded to explain how they had received all of the reports from my perinatal visits (last one being on September 4) and how they all showed the baby had consistently measured small compared to my former due date. She also mentioned how the perinatal doctor suggested a couple of times that they change my due date to October 30 ... a 5 day difference ... which I had mentioned to them more than once during the summer. She said that they normally don't make these changes this far along in a pregnancy, but by doing this everything would line up perfectly (measurements, etc.). The last time I talked with the perinatal doctor and told him that my doctor wasn't changing my due date, he wasn't the least bit concerned and released me as having a normal pregnancy. All a bit confusing why the last minute change on my doctor's part, but it is what it is and I've now mentally accepted it ... I think. ; ) I did find out I'm 2 cm and 80% effaced. So, there has been progress since last Monday! Woo hoo! Our little bundle will come when she's good and ready. Now back to my swollen feet. Until next week ...
1 comment:
Bless your heart. Sounds like you've really been through the ringer going back and forth so much! Like you said, she'll come when she's good and ready, and when God's ready to release her into this crazy wonderful world. :)
Post a Comment