Wednesday, November 21, 2007

She'll be comin 'round the mountain...

...with GG and Beau. A week and a half ago GG and Beau took us on Briley's first mountain trip. We went to Brevard, NC and stayed in a cabin at Big Branch. It was a much needed break from city life. We got to see the changing colors of the trees and beautiful waterfalls. On Saturday, we started at Connestee Waterfall. Briley and I were amazed looking down the fall. We then traveled over to Pisgah State Park to take a look at Looking Glass Falls. After that, Amber and I trekked up into Moore's Cove while Briley entertained GG and Beau. Once in the cove, we discovered a quaint, but soothing waterfall. I found a tree to ride back down the mountain - Amber had to think about it a while, but eventually followed. Sunday, we took the winding, scenic route and stopped by Whitewater Falls, the highest in North Carolina. GG and Beau treated us to lunch at The Dillard House before we had to return back to reality. Thank you GG and Beau for an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

Amy and Matt Certain said...

AHH!! Amber she is so precious! Oh my goodness. What an angel.

She looks so much like her Daddy and her Mommy - wow I know you guys are having so much fun!

Happy Holidays - looks like I won't be coming into work until the end of the year b/c of this leg, it's been three months....crazy.

Anyway, lots of love and I really hope we can connect in the New Year.