(My friend, Sara, introduced me to J.J. Heller a few years ago. The girls and I love listening to her music, and today we enjoyed our ride home from school listening to one of our favorites, "Boat Song." Just thought I'd share ...)
Monday, February 24, 2014
Being a Mama ...
For me, being a mama ... Some days, I have found myself so exhausted that I wasn't sure I could do it. I wasn't sure I had the energy to finish what all needed to be finished for that day. I've learned that clothes and lots of other things around the house can wait, if we/ I need or want them to; but I'm talking about days when I wasn't sure I had the energy it took to finish dinner, to bathe the kids and do our normal bedtime routine and all with a happy heart. You know, thoooose types of days. But on the days when I've turned my focus away from myself and back onto the Lord, with a lot of prayer and sometimes with a tear or two, He has always gotten me through. Some days or moments, I've let frustration get the best of me and I've yelled (sometimes lots, before the day is done) and the weight of mommy guilt has been so heavy that I've been brought to tears behind closed doors. (Thankful for grace in our family and for our children's forgiving hearts!) But some days, like today, my heart is full of light-hearted moments and flooded with the endless reasons why I'm so grateful to be the mama of three amazing little souls, to a point where I'm brought to tears. I love slowing down and remembering how it felt to hold each one of our children right after they were born. The moment when everything changed. I was their mama and couldn't imagine being able to love them any more than I did in that very moment, but years later, I do. Seven years later, I love Briley more. Four years later, I love Avery more. Almost two years(!) later, I love Davis more. So, so much more, and I'm so, so grateful God chose to share them with Brett and me. They truly are gifts.
(My friend, Sara, introduced me to J.J. Heller a few years ago. The girls and I love listening to her music, and today we enjoyed our ride home from school listening to one of our favorites, "Boat Song." Just thought I'd share ...)
(My friend, Sara, introduced me to J.J. Heller a few years ago. The girls and I love listening to her music, and today we enjoyed our ride home from school listening to one of our favorites, "Boat Song." Just thought I'd share ...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment