Three years ago, out of the blue, Briley started talking about wanting a big brother and how someone was missing in our family http://thegreenways.blogspot.com/2010/09/things-kids-say-sometimes.html It's not that she ever stopped, but the comments have been few and far between ... until lately. When we found out we were expecting our third, she was sure that it was a baby boy because "I asked God for a baby brother." Okay, well, yes, He answered your prayer, sweet girl. Not too long ago, the mentioning of more siblings started again. One was about another baby sister AND brother ... ummm, whoa. Hold your horses there sister. Briley: We need more children in this family. We need a BIG family. I want another sister and brother. A baby sister and brother. Me: Well, honey, I'm not sure that's gonna happen. Briley: When I prayed for a baby brother, He gave us Davis, so, He'll give me another baby sister and brother. Me: He did, but I'm not so sure another baby sister and brother's gonna happen this time ;) And then, she has her other out of the blue comments. She's good about waiting until both her daddy and I are present these days ... like when we're all in the van, on our way out of the neighborhood, or like last night, while I'm brushing her hair and her daddy is helping Avery brush her teeth ... Briley: We REALLY need a brown person in our family. We need a brown brother and brown sister, but they need to be mixed. I really want a sister that's brown and white. Brett: And where do you propose we find this brother and sister? Briley: I don't know, but we need them.
Alrighty then. Lord, lead.
I've never stopped praying about this and I don't plan to. Have no idea if it means anything, but I do know that it's still in our hearts. I do know that there's a bigger picture and a bigger plan that we may not see, but He does. I do know that God is mysterious in His ways and His timing is perfect. I do know that I am His and He is mine. I know that He is good, He is kind, He is love, that He is full of grace. I know that He loves me more than I can fathom and "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11. I know that our family is in the middle of Big Faith In Action right now with this move (hoping for time to post more about that soon) and boy is it so amazingly peaceful knowing that He's the one in control. As hard as it's been at times to sit back and trust (and still is as we're in the waiting period right now), man, how cool it is to lean even harder into my Heavenly Father when so many things are uncertain. How amazing it's been to hear Him gently remind me to not be afraid when the anxiety is trying to set into my heart. He has calmed my fears each time. He has taken away what's not of Him and whispered "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7. He's sending the encouragement and wisdom needed at just the right moments ... He's leading and we're humbly following. We're also really excited. Weird combo.
We'll keep praying for God to lead us and in everything we say and do, we pray we bring Him glory. More of you, less of me, Jesus.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment