Yep, Monkey #3 was a surprise! But who doesn't like surprises?! Especially little ones. We were certainly open to having another along with our hopes to one day adopt, but we just didn't think either would happen so soon. Our plans are not always God's plans. Thank goodness.
Not sure that reality has really hit me, yet. I have definitely felt the nausea and fatigue over the past 7 weeks, and hearing the heartbeat for the first time last week (170 bpm) was just as amazing as it was when we heard Briley's and Avery's. Maybe once we have our second ultrasound, it will be more real ... I'm 13 weeks, so, that won't be until I'm 19 or 20 weeks! This growing belly might just convince me beforehand ;)
The girls are doing great and growing like weeds. Briley is very interested in "reading" right now and loves to sound out words. Avery is creeping up on her 2nd birthday, which just blows me away. I never did post pictures from her 1st birthday. oops. I hope to do so over the next week or two. She has grown so much over the summer and does well keeping up with big sister. They have their sibling moments, but they have more sweet sister ones. I love watching them play together ... I've been wondering whether they're going to have a baby sister or brother. Briley says brother. Brett and I aren't so sure ;) Either way.
Here's another picture that Sara took the day we had our first sonogram at 8 weeks. A soon-to-be party of 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment