Sunday, August 01, 2010

And the rest of our Staycation ...

On Friday morning, we had breakfast at Briley's favorite place ... Waffle House! It's funny how rarely we actually go, but the waitresses always remember the girls and end up ooh'ing and ahh'ing over them. This time, they talked about how much they both look like their daddy. Yes, they do and I hear that all the time these days. They're really cute, that's for sure. ;) We later enjoyed a long afternoon at the pool. It was so nice, but we were shocked to find that someone had ran into our mailbox and post. The mailbox was in a couple of pieces and had been ran over. We're not sure what happened, but someone's vehicle got a beating! On Saturday afternoon, a pretty heavy storm came through and left us with a leaky ceiling in our downstairs front sitting room. First our mailbox, now our ceiling. We'll be figuring out who to call about the ceiling this week. :(
Anywho, we bought a pretty dresser for Avery at an antique store back in March. So, we decided to start cleaning and painting it this weekend. I loved the look it had, but it was so dirty and stained that we knew it needed a fresh coat of paint. I have a few ideas in mind as far as color combinations, but since we're pretty far from transitioning Avery into a big girl room, I think I'm going to stick with an overall white base color for now. I'm thinking I'll still distress it a bit and may add another color in the grooves ... Maybe even some stain along the edges. Not sure, yet, but I'm really excited about this piece and the possibilities. There's a before picture below minus the pulls on the drawers. Stay tuned for after pics! 
This afternoon, I painted baby Hudson's name above his crib. Court already had a font picked out and I love the way it turned out. His room is adorable!
 Worn out by all of the mural excitement! ;)

I'm sad our staycation ended so quickly, but weekends and vacations usually do. We needed this time together so badly, and I'm very thankful for every minute of it. I just need some motivation to get back to the grind now. ;)

No comments: